A Title III Strengthening Institutions Program grant from the U.S. Department of Education has provided resources to Greenville Technical College that are targeted to improve developmental education through curricular reform and student support services.
A portion of this grant, focusing on student support services, has been used to create the ASPIRE Learning Zone (ALZ). ASPIRE stands for Academic Support to Provide Increased Resources in Education.
The ALZ provides
- study areas for individuals and groups
- computer work stations with internet access
- tutoring for developmental courses
- workshops focused on student success both in and out of the classroom
- assistance from academic coaches, tutors, and instructors