The University of South Carolina Upstate and its partnering two-year colleges want you to have a clear, smooth, worry-free transition to USC Upstate when you are ready to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Upstate Direct Connect is an exclusive opportunity for two-year colleges partnering with the USC Upstate. Any student who graduates with an AA, AS or selected AAS degree from Greenville Tech or another partner school is guaranteed admission to the University of South Carolina Upstate. Once you have indicated your participation in the program, Greenville Tech and USC Upstate work together to prepare you for completion of your bachelor’s degree.
As soon as you decide a bachelor’s degree is your goal, join Upstate Direct Connect. As a member of UDC, you will have:
- Guaranteed entrance to USC Upstate – Students graduating with AA, AS or select AAS degrees are guaranteed admission to USC Upstate.*
- Accelerated admissions to USC Upstate – Provides smooth transition through the USC Upstate admissions process including orientation, transcripts, advising, and financial aid.
- Enhanced academic advising – Students receive comprehensive on-site advising from both Greenville Tech and USC Upstate advisors.
- Priority registration at USC Upstate – You'll be able to attend orientation and register for classes before many other new students, giving you a great selection of courses.
- Concurrent admission to select USC Upstate courses after completing 45 semester hours of credit at Greenville Tech.
- Access to activities, special events and athletic events at USC Upstate free of charge with your Upstate Direct Connect identification card.
- Access to USC Upstate’s summer Study Abroad opportunities planned through USC Upstate's Center for International Studies.
*Consistent with Greenville Tech and university policy. Limited access and restricted access programs may require an additional admission process.
You qualify for Upstate Direct Connect if you are applying for or working on your AA, AS or selected AAS from Greenville Tech or another one of USC Upstate’s partnering two-year colleges and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
There are no fees to join. You will just need to pay your application fee to each school.
Here’s how to get started:
- If you are a high school student or new to Greenville Tech, submit an application to Greenville Tech and mark the appropriate sections to indicate your desire to join Upstate Direct Connect.
- If you’re already a Greenville Tech student, you can indicate your desire to join Upstate Direct Connect at any time.
- Meet with an advisor before initial registration and at regular intervals to maintain an appropriate academic plan. When you have completed:
- 15 hours, meet with your Greenville Tech advisor.
- 30 hours, meet with your Greenville Tech and USC Upstate advisors.
- 45 hours, meet with your Greenville Tech and USC Upstate faculty advisors and confirm status with USC Upstate.
- Attend an Upstate Direct Connect information session for specific instructions
- Sign a form of intent to join Upstate Direct Connect
When you finish at Greenville Tech:
- Submit an electronic application to USC Upstate during the term in which you will complete 45 hours at Greenville Tech. (The enhanced advising for Direct Connect students will alert you when it’s time to do this.)
- Apply for graduation from Greenville Tech by the published deadline in the term you will complete your requirements.
- Verify your acceptance to USC Upstate.