A Second Chance at Success
After struggling in her late teens and early twenties with personal and family hurdles, working different jobs without a true plan for long-term stability, Whitley Farmer, at the age of 22, decided to go back to school. Her first step, to earn her GED.
This second chance and opportunity to change the direction of her life is one that she now shares with students as a tutor in Greenville Technical College’s TRIO-Student Support Services program. Though a natural leader and academically gifted, she attributes much of her success to TRIO’s support of her as a single mother, providing both financial and social support, including childcare funding for her young son.
Whitley maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout her college career, and is now a nursing student at USC Upstate. At graduation in May 2016, Whitley was recognized with the President’s Award, the highest honor a student can achieve at Greenville Technical College.
Learn more about the TRIO program >
Why Greenville Technical College?
- Employers see value in Greenville Technical College
- Employers help develop what you will learn in class and many participate in internships so that you can develop direct relationships with employers.
- You'll find a good value that fits your goals
- A Greenville Technical College education can take you anywhere, and the reasonable cost means you won't have debt that follows you forever.
- Classes are available close to you
- With four campuses located across Greenville County, there's one close to where you live and work. Our flexible course schedules offer traditional classes, online courses and hybrid options to create the best fit for your schedule. Click here to see a list of locations >
- Accreditation means your credits move with you
- Small classes mean more attention
- Instructors are available to you in class and after, so that you can get answers to your questions.
- Lifetime employment assistance
- Put your college degree to work for you and find a well-paying job. Take advantage of lifetime employment assistance as you develop a job search strategy.